Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Things I've learned

I've never really been a fan of change. Personally, I rather like the status quo and am a big fan of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. So when it was time for me to make a few changes in my SL, I went into a bit of a panic. Yes, really silly, but I did. I was so used to doing things a certain way, at a certain schedule, that I knew I was going to be wondering around lost. But, to be fair, I realised I've been wondering around lost in SL for all the time I've been there. I've only had a few things to do to make me feel like I was actually doing something.

But, I'm now sitting back in amazement, watching as something, that was only just talk, begin to grow into something real. And I think perhaps I won't be wondering around lost for much longer, nor do I think that change is such a bad thing.

Of the 6 of us, I think I may be the eldest on SL. Feel free to prove me wrong, any of you, but i reckon I just may be. And in the 2+ years I have been inworld, I have learned that you can wonder around aimlessly or you can take the initiative and just find your own way.
I've learned that no matter how hard you try, you cannot always please everyone, nor, no matter how good a person you think you may be, there will still be people inworld that will dislike you.

I have learned that you make a lot of friends over time, but that there are very few that actually stay on your list for more than 6 months. Our likes and interests change all the time. What is important to me right now, might not be in 3 months from now, less likely in 6. And so we keep evolving. Some of your friends, evolve with you, some don't.

I've learned that anything is possible in SL. No matter how big you think your dream/s may be, if you have the will, and you have the right friends, it can become a reality.

I've learned not to trust just anyone. A mistake I have made over and over. The world is made up of all kinds of people, so is SL. But I've also learned to be proud in my accomplishments, and I don't think there have been that many in SL for me yet, but I reckon times are changing.
I've learned that sometimes change is necessary. It's sometimes scary and always uncertain, but if I'm going to make the most out of my 'Second Life', then I need to accept that change is inevitable.

And as I watch 'our' little heaven come to life, I have learned that change is good. I look forward to what is to come. I look forward to being a part of something really lovely and new. And I am so proud to be part of this amazing team.

No comments:

Post a Comment