Monday, February 21, 2011

Eh..what..Come again?

OK so my Internet has gone from bad to worse and you know me readers I see things in a positive light and try always to be dandy. However I can honestly say in true northern spirit its doing me nut in. We had a meeting to night regarding our sim and I was on and off so much I remembered what Becca said earlier. "You should sue them for whiplash"...telecoms that is.


I have to say a touch of the grumps overcame me as I got more frustrated with not being able to communicate. I have been reduced to a text viewer where I see nowt and hear nowt and then it hit me. Quit moaning Beanie, you ain't sensory impaired! However I felt it and I am not in real life so I felt selfish.


When our group talked about things that had sprung up in the sim, I couldn't relate to what they were talking about as I couldn't see. Each time my Internet powering oompa lumpa kicked me off the viewer I missed chunks of chat when I returned. Nothing had context. When I tried to type to contribute I couldn't as I was endlessly crashing. I had been rendered blind, mute and deaf.





It made me think though having my ability to communicate crushed , if I thought it was endless it would be truly upsetting. However when I switch off my PC I can see Columbo and hear Columbo and OK yes on occasion I talk to him...." You clever thing you..Columbo". So I have pinched myself hard and reminded myself for the precious thing I do have and that's all my senses and for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment