Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Oooo La La!!! Building Has Begun!!!

AT 1 pm SLT when the Chip Butties met with Alexa Froobert and Becca Eyre, I hardly expected to wake up the next morning to a Burlesque Club.  But here I sit, less than 12 hours later, in a bit of silent awe in what will be the first One Quarter French build.

I've said good morning to the girls, but I think they are asleep at their keyboards.  I can tell that this will be their baby, and they have spent the night here, watching her sleep.

Becca Eyre drinks coffee in One Quarter French
Becca stands by the corner, a steaming cup of Java in one hand, and a smart little shoulder bag on the other.  Alexa is only a few feet away from her, pacing occasionally with her flirty animation override. 


Alexa Froobert paces inside the build at One Quarter French

I watched in amazement last night as the first build developed.  The walls flew up, the dome was created, a stage, a spiral staircase, and a wrought iron balcony.  There were no doors to enter the building last night when I sent a request to the girls that they take pictures of their progress and post it on Face Book so we could keep track.

The revolving doors to the new brurlesque club.
This morning, the curtain over the stage flutters gently, moving back and forth, and they have since put in a set of revolving doors that are somehow a tasty mix of sultry-sexy and upscale-classy.  Indeed, the club already exudes atmosphere, and the girls have impressed me with their efficiency and commitment.
 
The first set of photos of the new build can be seen on Face Book here: Face Book: Becca Riches

I imagine, as good as these girls are, there will be more progress photos to come in short order.

1 comment:

  1. aw....you are just teasing! Hurry up - I really miss you lot picking on my dress sense! xx

    ReplyDelete