Saturday, February 5, 2011

Friends... an honest if surprisingly soppy story

"A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked." - Bernard Meltzer

I have spent the past week of my virtual life being constantly surprised by the friends that have proved to have shoulders truly worthy to lean on, and in some cases saddened by the ones who were only cling film friends... flimsy and liable to snap under the slightest pressure.





















So to me... what is a good friend? What makes a proper buddy?

I would say... it's the ability to be able to listen to your rants, tell you they are wrong... and then give you a hug at the end. It's about lending a shoulder even when they know you are being totally loony. Its about being willing to stand up and support you whatever the situation. Its being the carrot to my pea.




I am fortunate to have many such friends... more in fact than I knew.

Now I just have to figure out how to get a bus big enough to get them back to the safety of their cuddle coats.

No comments:

Post a Comment