Sunday, February 20, 2011

I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing!

So in SL I am sat on a tyre in a very unladylike pose, watching Gypsy the Pitbull lick the extra large McDonalds milkshake from Baby Maise's face (we has class) and reading Beans earlier post. And that means in RL I am howling laughing and need a wee quite desperately.




And I started thinking to myself...dangerous I know so hold on to your heels and prepare for a bumpy ride.


I was thinking many things....like why does the word monosyllabic have 5 syllables? Why isn't phonetic spelt like it sounds? And if you tied a slice of buttered toast to the back of a cat and dropped it from height what would happen?



But most of all I wondered...why do we spend so much time being so very modest...if not downright critical of ourselves? If you speak to the 6 of us Quarter Frenchies about how to 'make a sim' you would get much the same response. 'Oh I don't have much of a clue about that kind of stuff I am a bit rubbish at all that'



Yet....with much help from our amazingly patient builder chicklets.....its happening. And we all have much more clue than we ever thought possible. OK so some of the instuctions can be along the lines of 'Just shift that little deely round under the oojimaflip and squiggle it a bit' or 'I like that doodah you stuck in the wotsit' but with the help of a TechnoNumpty translator its happening!


We found we have vision for what we want...classy, sexy, cozy, welcoming and OURS! And along this exciting, occasionally frustrating and just once or twice flipping terrifying journey we have found all these things we actually can do...and we very much like doing.



And surely for the love of everything I hold dear if I just brainlessly poke this dooberry for long enough it might work?? And does anyone have a cat I can borrow.....



2 comments:

  1. ummm... Bex the cafe cat is available... so long as you return her in one piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried but she bit me when I was duct taping the toast to her :(

    ReplyDelete