Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Oooo La La!!! We Have Land!!!

I grew up on a farm, and I know the pull of land.  As an adult, living in town, I often long for the night-time country skies and ponds and fields.  There is something about a place that draws a piece of you in and lodges a piece of itself within your breast, creating that ever nagging ache that tells you when you are away that you're not "home."

I had wondered when our little group first set out on this adventure if there would be that same ache in my chest regarding SL land as there is in RL when I think of the farm where I grew up.  Today was the test of that, as we teleported in to what will become the New Orleans French Quarter.

There was no pull.  There was only a sudden drawn breath, a sense of relief, and a ridiculous grin on my RL face which no one else could see.  The tier was paid and "g'nights" passed round as the tired Chip Butties called it a night.



From left to right, the Chip Butties on what will soon be the New Orleans French Quarter:
HoneyRose, Bean Cisse, Stavros Jolbey, Jami Titanium, and Samanda Renfold
(Evie Falconer and Wendy Helstein with the group in spirit.)
 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, how very exciting! I look forward to seeing what your collective creative talents come up with. Happy construction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in seventh heaven! (Where is the first sixth levels btw?) We hope you will come visit us when the time comes :)

    ReplyDelete