Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Difference Between Construction and Creation


Bean, Wendy, Stav, Evie, Sam, and Jami
meet for the first official "Chip Butty" session
Even great things often have humble beginnings.  And so it was with the first official meeting of the Chip Butty Appreciation Society, consisting of bean Cisse, Evie Falconer, Jami Titanium, Samanda Renfold, Stavros Jolbey, and Wendy Helstein. 

The six friends met at the home of Samanda and Stavros and determined that their SL goals had changed, requiring a much needed move away from their current situation.

From left to right: Stavros, Jami, Wendy, Bean, Evie, and Samanda
Under the gentle prodding of bean, the group met again at Jami's skybox to discuss their common need for something that was "their own."  What followed was a dramatic chain of events that led to the formation of the "Chip Butties" and then the idea for "One Quarter French," a goal that the group hopes to make a reality in the weeks to come. 

Charles Dickens once said, "The whole difference between construction and creation is this; that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is constructed; but a thing created is loved before it exists."  The group realizes that in the end, SL is about people and relationships.  When the bottom line and Linden dollars begin clouding over the hearts and needs of the real life people behind the avatars, it is no longer worth it.

We are starting a journey.  Come with?

10 comments:

  1. I am already looking for my moulin rouge outfit... but not sure what 25% of it I should wear though!

    Sante
    Cexe xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people trust and others betray - this is a group of betrayers of trust. I would go nowhere near them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The truly lovely thing about SL is that we can go where our hearts lead us. We are not limited to staying in one Sim if changes there requires us to adapt to something we disagree with in order to be happy. It is not like our childhood playgrounds where there were fences to keep us in and only a limited number of swings on the swingset...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would trust anonymous's comments more if he/she didn't post anonymously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Without this lot the old is not what it was and I think that the new will be better. I would follow them anywear :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. After all those months and all that hard work , it's simply dispicable and unfeeling to not let you all go with goodwill, I've spent so many fun times in the hub with one or other of you, seen the effort you put in to fight the griefers and help out the lost. I wish you every sucess for your new venture and if I can help in anyway (say making animated rotating tassles) then let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs, Wills. None of us have hard feelings. We love everyone in London and are leaving no one behind. Everyone is welcome, though we would never dimish or take away from the old... it was a beautiful journey...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes...I will always love London, and would never say anything negitive about it. Its sad that there are some though that do believe we have been underhanded. That couldn't be further from the truth. As for me, its onwards and upwards...this is exciting times! I can't wait to see you all again...one sim or another :)
    hugs and much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. From a humble bean that couldn't even change her wig to a respected member od the London team. London was a wonderful sense of community that I would never rubbish. No matter what is thrown at me these people Jami Evie, Wendy, Sam and Stav well we are friends and thats what always mattered. To the people that wish us luck its you that were my friends. The London that i loved. The Beany pad has been retired and now being used to write memories. Th the current team I miss you but things just need a reassessment. I did mine and well here I am a wanderer as I was but with an excitement of animated rotating tassles...cough cough Wills inventor of my beloved beany bot. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I typo but thats what tequila does for you...hic

    ReplyDelete