Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sunrise and My Second Rezz Day

I am sitting in the Cafe du Monde and I have my world set to sunrise because, though I woke this morning at 4 am... I missed the sunrise in real life.




Lately my real life has been a bit dreary... mostly I've been locked up in my office trying to sort out real life work, or the latest family crisis that has arisen with my 9 year-old daughter who seems determined to give me gray hair at the tender age of 32...

And today is my rezz day... two years in Second Life.

It's a bit strange really that I should suddenly choke up... those who know me know that I am not a crier. And mind you, I'm not crying now. It's just a frog in my throat.  Honest.

But you see... I came to the cafe this morning and found something from someone I would have never expected.  And truly I was stunned and yes, humbled.

There are moments when we think the world is against us and no one loves us. It is human nature I suppose to think in such selfish and vain terms.  Everything simply seems to go "wrong" and Fate and her wheel have turned you under into the canal.

Evie and I have locked horns. More than once. However, I have always respected and admired her. She is smart, she works hard, and she speaks her mind.  If I am honest, I have often envied her wit and lack of fear in dealing with others.  She epitomizes many of the things I have wished to be... and do not always think I am.  There are many days I have thought she hated me.  Which was maybe why it hurt so much to admire her.

And yet I sit here in my cafe... completely stunned by her show of kindness and generosity.  She wrote a poem for me... even remembering how important and symbolic dragonflies are and have always been to me.  And she has put up pictures of some of my favorite memories. 

At this point, I can't write much more.  Kindness like this often blows me away, simply because it is so foreign to me in my life...  But perhaps it is not as foreign as I have always thought.  Perhaps, it is just that I have been too busy "faking" a smile and a light heart to see that I'm not alone.

3 comments:

  1. A very happy Rez day to you Jami xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then I guess you'll be shocked to know YOU are who I admire and wish to be more like. Your ability to accomplish so much on any given day, your dedication, loyalty, and yes even when you bring out the red marker to correct someone's grammer, or is it grammar? in any case I'm so lucky to have found you on SL and I'm truly blessed to be a part of your SL and in some ways even your RL.. hugs you and hope you have many more rez days

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's "grammar" with an "a" *grins*. Love you both! Hugs Wendy and Sam. I'll see you Sunday if I can't get online this weekend lol.

    ReplyDelete