Wednesday, March 9, 2011

First day of Lent


Well readers today is the first day of lent, commonly known as Ash Wednesday. Lent is a period of 40 days that comes before Easter in the Christian calender. Lent for Christians is to replicate Jesus Christ's sacrifice and withdrawal into the desert for 40 days.
One Quarter French houses the beautiful Basilica of St. Louis, King of France otherwise known as St. Louis Cathedral.

If you decided today you were giving up chocolate, cigarettes, booze or anything else you decided to quit until Holy Saturday; then please feel welcome to visit the cathedral and say a prayer or two. The cathedral is a Roman Catholic church but lent is generally observed by all Christian denominations.

All faiths are welcome in One Quarter French.

5 comments:

  1. Righto, bean. What shall I give up??? hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am doing chocolate its only been a day and already i feel like a chunk lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could feel a hunk. Oh wait....chunk. Right

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay... giving up chocolate won't work as I don't particularly like it (I know... I know... :P) soooo counting my vices... 1) coffee (can you IMAGINE me without coffee?) 2) SL (ummm you don't WANT me to give up SL for 40 days, right?) *taps her finger on her chin* 3) Men... errr... it doesn't work if I don't give up something I really like does it? *sighs* Right... I will have to put up a suggestion box or something...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right... I got this figured. Song outted me last night as a Diet Pepsi addict :(

    ReplyDelete