Monday, July 4, 2011

Sad news for One Quarter French

The owners of the One Quarter French sim yesterday had to make the sad announcement that the sim was going to be closing.

When we first sat down all those months ago to decide what we were going to do and what (most importantly) we all wanted out of 'our sim' the general consensus was FUN. We didn't want to make piles of lindens or own an estate of sims.

We wanted somewhere relaxing, enjoyable and welcoming - and well, I believe we achieved that

However times move on and situations change - and some of the team found they were unable to be online as much due to their RL situation - and real life has always and will always be the most important thing of all.

I hope you will continue to follow this blog and that we will see you all around the grid still - I for one am moving back again to concentrate more on my voluntary work and of course being a big screen star.

So the curtain will fall on the sim but the main thing is - the friendships that started it all off still remain and actually have developed further - watch this space for an article on THAT to follow from Ickle Miss Beanie!!

So not goodbye - more like a bientôt!

2 comments:

  1. Well said Evie. I couldnt have said it better. I for one, am really saddened that we have had to announce the closure, but as Evie put it, needs must and in many instances some of us have had to move on. I will miss OQF very much, it became my home and i was, and still am, very proud to have been a part of that. I will miss it very much. On a personal note, I havent left Second Life completely, but am taking a much needed break. I shall log on every now and then to say hello, so if you do see me online, please do say hello. Until the next time that I do see you inworld, take care and most imporatantly, have fun

    Love always, Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sad to hear this. I just discovered Second Life on May 29th of this year, and One Quarter French was the first place I really found. Kyl was very kind and welcoming, and I totally enjoyed the pleasant, friendly regulars at Cafe du Monde: Gina, Laura, Aaron, and many others.

    It was the first place I connected with, and the only one to ever be in my Favorites on my Landmarks list.

    I will miss it very much. I feel a little like my first footstep is getting washed away by the ocean. :/

    Warmest regards, and thank you so much for providing a wonderful sim. I wish I'd found SL sooner so that I could have spent even more time there.

    Milacyr

    ReplyDelete